Home >> RX Products >> Lopid (Gemfibrozil)
Generic Name: gemfibrozil (jem FI broe zil)
Brand Names: Lopid
Lopid : Important Information
Follow any special diet and exercise plan recommended by your doctor while taking this medication. Diet and exercise are important factors in regulating cholesterol.
What is Lopid
- The exact way that this medication works to reduce cholesterol and triglycerides (types of fat) in the blood is not known. High levels of fat in the blood are associated with an increased chance of heart disease, strokes, and other illnesses.
- Used to lower high levels of cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood.
What to Discuss before Using
- Before taking this medication, tell your doctor if you have:
- liver disease
- kidney disease
- gallbladder disease
- You may not be able to take this medication, or you may require a special dosage or monitoring during treatment if you have any of the conditions listed above.
- In the FDA pregnancy category C. This means that it is not known whether this medication will be harmful to an unborn baby. Do not take this medication without first talking to your doctor if you are pregnant or could become pregnant during treatment.
- It is not known whether this medication passes into breast milk. Do not take this medication without first talking to your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
Lopid Dosage Method
- Take exactly as directed by your doctor. If you do not understand these instructions, ask your pharmacist, nurse, or doctor to explain them to you.
- Take each dose with a full glass (8 ounces) of water.
- Usually taken twice daily, 30 minutes before breakfast and dinner. Follow your doctor's instructions.
- It is important to take regularly to get the most benefit.
- Do not stop taking this medication unless directed by your doctor. It may take up to 3 months for you to see the effects of this medication.
- Your doctor may want you to have blood tests or other medical evaluations during treatment to monitor progress and side effects.
- Store at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
Miss a dose: Problems?
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the dose you missed and take only the next regularly scheduled dose. Do not take a double dose of this medication.
- An overdose of this medication is unlikely to threaten life. Call an emergency room or poison control left for advice.
- Symptoms of an overdose may include diarrhea, headache, and muscle pain.
Avoid During Treatment
- Follow any special diet and exercise plan recommended by your doctor while taking this medication. Diet and exercise are important factors in regulating cholesterol.
- Use caution driving, operating machinery, and performing other hazardous activities until you know how this medication affects you. It may cause some drowsiness or dizziness, especially at the start of therapy.
Lopid Side Effects
- If you experience any of the following serious side effects, stop taking this medication and seek emergency medical attention or contact your doctor immediately:
- an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of the throat; swelling of the lips, tongue, or face; or hives)
- chest pain, shortness of breath, or an irregular heartbeat
- nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, or clay-colored stools
- yellowing of the skin or eyes (jaundice)
- rash or itching
- sores in the mouth or on your lips
- swollen legs or feet
- chills, fever, or blood in the urine
- muscle aches, pain, or cramping
- Other, less serious side effects may be more likely to occur. Continue to take this medication and talk to your doctor if you experience:
- headache, dizziness, or drowsiness
- decreased sex drive
- Side effects other than those listed here may also occur. Talk to your doctor about any side effect that seems unusual or that is especially bothersome.
What other drugs to avoid while undergoing treatment
- This medication may increase the effects of the following drugs, which could lead to dangerous side effects:
- an anticoagulants (blood thinner) such as warfarin (Coumadin)
- insulin or an oral diabetes medication such as chlorpropamide (Diabenese), glipizide (Glucotrol), glyburide (Micronase, DiaBeta, Glynase), tolbutamide (Orinase), tolazamide (Tolinase), and acetohexamide (Dymelor), and others
- another cholesterol-lowering drug such as atorvastatin (Lipitor), lovastatin (Mevacor, Altocor), simvastatin (Zocor), pravastatin (Pravachol), fluvastatin (Lescol, Lescol XL)
- You may not be able to take this medication, or you may require a dosage adjustment or special monitoring during treatment if you are taking any of the drugs listed above.
- Drugs other than those listed here may also interact. Talk to your doctor and pharmacist before taking any prescription or over-the-counter medicines, including vitamins, minerals, and herbal products.
Buy Lopid Online
Generic Lopid or Gemfibrozil is a lipid-regulating agent used to lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels in your blood. Lopid belongs to a class of medication called Antilipemic Agent. Buy lopid online at Buy Low Drugs, the leading online Canadian pharmacy. Buy Low Drugs offers discounted lopid and other prescription drugs maintaining drug quality standards and an added customer service for its customers.
Lopid works by reducing triglycerides and increases cholesterol carried in high-density lipoprotein (HDL) in the blood. Lopid comes in category of drugs called also Gemfibrozi. Lopid is more useful medicine for those people who suffered to cardiovascular disease. Lopid is also used for the treatment for those people who suffered to High levels of fats. Lopid is very helpful in moderate elevations of cholesterol and also lowers triglycerides. Order discounted lopid drug today through our easy online ordering form and buy lopid online at your convenience.
Lopid is also useful medicine for those people who suffered to Alzheimer's disease and a greater risk for certain strokes because it occurs due to effect of cholesterol in the brain. Lopid reduces the production of fats (lipids) by the liver that’s including cholesterol and triglycerides in the body. Buy Low Drugs guarantees you the best quality lopid shipped anywhere in the world at the best affordable price. Log on to the site and buy lopid online at your convenience.
Lopid overdose can lead to fatal side effects. Consult your doctor before changing your dosage or you are allergic to such drugs. Buy lopid online from Buy Low Drugs and know more about its lopid side effects, drug interactions and dosage information.